Effective Communication and PR for Development Cooperation
How to utilize media and increase project visibility and outreach
|Course type:||Classroom Training|
This training is based on our 6 decades of experiences in development PR and communication is essential element for project visibility and outreach. Good communication strategy and right PR will enable the team and organization to convey the right key message the project want to deliver to different stakeholders, create mutual understanding and contribute to goal achievement. Besides supporting the management for development result, PR and communication is important for visibility of the cooperation effort, which is also a required element of project component for many donors, for example the EU.
At the end of the training, the participants will be able to:
- develop communication strategy for different target groups;
- develop PR plan and build & maintain good relationship with media
- write successful press release and newsletter
- use the right online media effectively
- Communication Strategy: Selecting the right media activities for your project, developing key messages, identifying target groups and the right channels to deliver a message
- Practical Training: Pitching the media, writing successful press releases and newsletters, organizing a press conference, developing a media database and building relationships with media;
- Using online instruments effectively: writing for the web, Facebook & Co, project websites, GIZ Guidelines on online instruments;
- Discussion of country-specific media activities: issues, challenges;
- Practical exercise on example cases (participants can bring their own case to the training)
- Interactive presentations of theory
- Reflection and discussion
- Application of learning through case studies
- Group work.
- Development cooperation practitioners from governmental, international, non-governmental organization
- Project manager, coordinator, and officers who responsible for communication & PR
For questions concerning seminar content please contact:
Akademie für Int. Zusammenarbeit (AIZ)firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to answer any questions.
QR Code - Link to go
|Scan this QR code if you want to open this web page on your smartphone.|
You may also be interested in these training products
- Similar products in the training catalogue
For all members of the GIZ workforce
Communication and internationalisation5
There is currently no bookmark set.