Understanding Your Project Strategy and Result Models (Online course)
An introduction into project management with consultancy session
Most of the times, understanding, designing and realizing your project strategy could be proved challenging, especially for those who have joined in the middle of implementation phase or who do not have project management experience before. How does my project come about? Why is it designed this way? Why certain activities need to be planned and conducted with partners? How do we ensure that our project is delivering? If you would like to have an insight into the rationale behind your project and a constructive prospect on how to continue, this course could be what you are looking for.
At the end of the 20-hour online training (+ 10-hour self-paced assignments + consultation sessions), the participants will have:
- Gained insights into key principle of sustainable development project and overview on project management cycle
- Understood result-oriented project management concept and tools and its usage for strategic project planning and management
- Reflected on their own project management issues and identified gaps that need to be addressed and adjusted
- Underlying principles and concept of Result-Based Management based on international cooperation context (Paris declaration and Millennium Development goals/ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Overview of project cycle management and its phases and related project management tools
- Participatory approach for sustainable development project.
6 hours per day (with 4 hours of in-class activities, 2 hours of individual/group assignments and upon interest individual/group consultation sessions.)
Plus: Further support in course-related issues 3 months after the course ends
References to the learning material
“Understanding Your Project Strategy and Result Models” is an online course designed to lay a solid foundation to support participants not only to understand their project context and rationale in-depth, but also to analyse their on-going project strategy using result-oriented concept and tools.
What's so special about the course?
(1) The course emphasizes the use of individual project as a case. Participants can choose to work on their own case or join others in exploring projects they are not familiar with, which is also a good way to learn from peer's experience.
(2) The course offers individualized coaching through daily one-on-one or group consultation sessions with experienced trainers, who are master in their trade. - This is to ensure that your case and questions are attended to.
(3) The course offers live Q & A, running in parallel throughout all in-class sessions to ensure participants understanding on the discussed concept and tools. The use of chatbox ensures that all questions are addressed and recorded.
The course does not only enhance your understanding “what” the project is about and “why” the project is being strategized the way it is, but also provide you an orientation “how” to proceed in the future implementation.
The course is also open for on request delivery, shall any country/organization/project be interested in having the course delivered with the focus on their own specific context/time zone.
Participants should spend at least 3 months in the project to gain some understanding on the project situation before taking the course.
- Participants should spend at least 3 months in the project to gain some understanding on the project situation before taking the course.
- Participant are to reserve 2 hours per day for individual/group assignments.
- Project staff, who does not have any background on project management before or want to deepen their understanding on how result-oriented management can be applied to their own project and improve their project implementation.
- New project staff, who would like to understand concept behind sustainable development project and would like to reflect on own project strategy and management. A 3-month experience in current project is recommended.
- Cooperating partner, who seeks to a better understanding on project management in order to gain an insight to the current cooperation to enhance participation and apply to their current work.
04/22/2024 8:00 AM - 04/29/2024 12:00 PM
19.9253.6-035.16 | English | GIZ Tutoriertes Online-Training, Online
06/17/2024 8:00 AM - 06/24/2024 12:00 PM
19.9253.6-035.17 | English | GIZ Tutoriertes Online-Training, Online
10/28/2024 8:00 AM - 11/04/2024 12:00 PM
19.9253.6-035.18 | English | GIZ Tutoriertes Online-Training, Online
For questions concerning seminar content please contact:
Akademie für Int. Zusammenarbeit (AIZ)email@example.com
We are happy to answer any questions.
QR Code - Link to go
|Scan this QR code if you want to open this web page on your smartphone.
You may also be interested in these training products
- Similar products in the training catalogue
Continue learning despite Corona crisis7
Coordinating and managing projects6