Effective Workshop Design (online course)
|Course type:||Tutoriertes Online-Training|
|Euro 1,620.- (for External Participant)|
Workshops create space where people from different background & interests work together to achieve specific results. In development cooperation, managing this space can be a real challenge.
Effectively designed workshop processes and effective moderation techniques can help people to adjust their interests and contribute for a mutual goal. It also helps us to overcome barriers of hierarchy, conflicts, competition, and self-interest which are common in any societal context. In this course, we will deal only with the first element i.e. designing workshop process.
- know dimensions and processes of a workshop and similar events
- understand the relation between work context and type of workshop
- are able to elaborate own workshop designs
- know relevant methods for workshops and similar events
- know approaches for different workshop contexts
- Definition and boundaries of a workshop, workshop dimensions
- Types and objectives of workshops
- Overview of methods and approaches for different contexts
- Planning matrix and other planning instruments
References to the learning material
Live facilitated sessions
4 hours live facilitated sessions per day (with breaks in between)
- Technical inputs & presentations
- Case studies
- Application of learning through practice including interactive methods
- Peer learning and coaching during the application
0.5-1 hour per day
- Application of learning through practice
Introduction and on-boarding session
This session is part of the training. Your participation is required. It will take place around 1 week before the training. Exact date will be communicated later via email.
- This course is part of "Effective Workshop Design and Moderation Techniques" that is offered in face-to-face format at AIZ BKK. The online course covers only workshop design; moderation techniques is excluded.
- Participants need to fill in self-assessment questionnaire prior to the training, so that the trainer can assess and adjust the training to be closer to the group demand. However, the balance between the individual, group and topic content will be applied.
Registration is open until 20 days before the course starts. If you would like to enroll after this period, feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check available seat.
- Staff of public, private or civil society organizations, and project staff intending to plan and implement workshops/meeting effectively with their partners or multiple stakeholders
- Moderators or consultants in any topics who have beginner or intermediate experiences and want to improve their planning know-how in an outcome-oriented way
For questions concerning seminar content please contact:
Akademie für Int. Zusammenarbeit (AIZ)email@example.com
We are happy to answer any questions.
- MS Teams will be used as plenary and breakout sessions.
- LAN connection is recommended to ensure stable internet connection.
- Headset is recommended.
QR Code - Link to go
|Scan this QR code if you want to open this web page on your smartphone.|
You may also be interested in these training products
- Similar products in the training catalogue
For all members of the GIZ workforce
Communication and internationalisation4
Continue learning despite Corona crisis5