ValueLinks 2.0 - The methodology for the promotion of value chains
|Course type:||Tutoriertes Online-Training|
|Duration:||The online training will be realized in two blocks, each of 2.5 days|
Valuelinks methodology aims to improve the understanding of the value chain and its development as a structural change of the market-oriented economy.
The online training concentrates on helping you link the business logic with the development logic in search for opportunities and entry-points. You can apply this methodology to different subsectors, from agriculture and food processing to manufacturing and industries. You will experience the value chain approach at different stages of development and in combination with other approaches, e.g. regional development or natural resource management.
11 modules, which will be dealt with during the training in two blocks, covering the design of projects and the selection of value chains, methods for analysis and strategy formulation, solutions for upgrading in different fields, and tools for facilitation and monitoring.
- You will get references to the economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainability.
- You will learn about how to promote growth targeted at alleviating poverty and improving gender equity.
- You will get solutions for value chain developments at the micro level and learn how to link this up with financing and contractual arrangements between small and large enterprises.
In the first block the following modules will be discussed:
- Module 1: Scope of value chain development
- Module 2: Value chain analysis
- Module 3: Value chain strategies
- Module 4: Value chain development - Programs and projects
In the second block the following modules will be discussed:
- Module 5: Business models
- Module 6: Business linkages
- Module 7: Services
- Module 8: Value chain financing
- Module 9: Quality and standards
- Module 10: Policy instruments
- Module 11: Managing data & monitoring
References to the learning material
Your training manual is available in English, and you can download it from the ValueLinks site: http://www.valuelinks.org/material/manual/
Our pool of trainers consists of experienced and certified value chain trainers.
Single bookings of blocks are not possible, but both.
This training will be offered in an online format and it will be realized in two blocks, each of 2.5 days.
The training schedules for each day are as follows:
|Monday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am - 12:30 pm|
|Wednesday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Thursday||9:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Friday||9:00 am - 12:30 pm|
Training schedules are in German time. Please compare the training time indicated in UTC with your local time here. Exception: Spanish trainings
This training is intended for GIZ staff and external customers, i.e. advisors, civil servants or policy makers. You work in the public sector or in a private enterprise and you are in charge of or engaged in the development of value chains.
09/12/2022 9:00 AM - 09/23/2022 5:00 PM
19.9243.7-085.04 | English | GIZ Tutoriertes Online-Training, Online
10/17/2022 9:00 AM - 10/28/2022 5:00 PM
19.9243.7-085.05 | French | GIZ Tutoriertes Online-Training, Online
11/14/2022 9:30 AM - 11/23/2022 5:30 PM
19.9243.7-085.06 | English | GIZ Tutoriertes Online-Training, Online
Access to the MS-Teams application
QR Code - Link to go
|Scan this QR code if you want to open this web page on your smartphone.|