digital: Country Analysis
|Duration:||3 learning days within a 4 day week (18,5 h)|
|External participant fee:||1,270.00 €|
|The cancellation deadline for self-funded participants is 14 days before the start of the course.|
In this course you will deepen your understanding of your country of destination. You will better comprehend different perspectives and will be able to act more effectively and successfully in the context of social and cultural differences.
You prepare yourself for your work and personal life in your partner country using a country-specific selection of topics and focal areas while taking into account your interests and previous experience
- You look at and reflect the framework conditions, backgrounds, structures, and processes in your country of destination –social, economic, environmental, (development) political, (inter)cultural, and historical circumstances.
- You learn more about important stakeholders, the social groups, and the organisations in the country (societal/ethnic groups, political interest groups, relevant NGOs, etc) and will practice communication and behavioural patterns in your working and everyday life contexts.
- You prepare yourself for dealing with conflicts, violence, and fragility as well as special situations such as crisis and threat scenarios, and for dealing with minorities, gender aspects and role expectations for international experts.
- You identify possible areas of tension between the cultural, social, and political circumstances in your mission country and your own professional and personal goals
- Methods: various interactive methods such as learning conversations, media inputs, case studies; individual and practice-oriented work in small groups; integrated self-learning sessions for deeper immersion
References to the learning material
All learning materials are available for you in the course room on the SQ Portal which you can access after registering for the course. The SQ Portal is your online community for departing and departed experts and managers in international cooperation. Establish links and connections within this big network and share your expertise by using the online platform.
Our trainer pool consists of country experts with personal living and working experience in more than 130 mission countries.
BMZ-funded participation for experts and managers in German international cooperation and their accompanying partners
Self-funded participation for all other experts and managers, only in case free places are still available after the registration deadline (20 days before the start of the training)
This offer is part of the BMZ-financed preparation for assignments abroad. The content is not specific to GIZ.
Language: German, on request also in English, French, Spanish, or Portuguese (depending on the group of participants and the availability of trainers).
Please note that both timing and format (digital/ in-person) of the training are fixed and cannot be customized even when conducted individually.
After completing the course, you have the option of further practical counselling with your trainer.
We recommend combining this course with the course "Dealing with complexity and diversity in the international context".
The offers of the preparation for assignments abroad are aimed at experts and managers in German international cooperation who are preparing for their assignment in a partner country or have recently left the country, and their accompanying partners (MAP).
03/27/2023 8:30 AM - 03/30/2023 4:00 PM
SQ.AK.DL_23.003 | German | Digitale Trainingsräume Ausreisevorbereitung
04/24/2023 8:30 AM - 04/27/2023 4:00 PM
SQ.AK.DL_23.004 | German | Digitale Trainingsräume Ausreisevorbereitung
05/22/2023 8:30 AM - 05/25/2023 4:00 PM
SQ.AK.DL_23.005 | German | Digitale Trainingsräume Ausreisevorbereitung
06/26/2023 8:30 AM - 06/29/2023 4:00 PM
SQ.AK.DL_23.006 | German | Digitale Trainingsräume Ausreisevorbereitung
07/24/2023 8:30 AM - 07/27/2023 4:00 PM
SQ.AK.DL_23.007 | German | Digitale Trainingsräume Ausreisevorbereitung
08/28/2023 8:30 AM - 08/31/2023 4:00 PM
SQ.AK.DL_23.008 | German | Digitale Trainingsräume Ausreisevorbereitung
09/25/2023 8:30 AM - 09/28/2023 4:00 PM
SQ.AK.DL_23.009 | German | Digitale Trainingsräume Ausreisevorbereitung
10/23/2023 8:30 AM - 10/26/2023 4:00 PM
SQ.AK.DL_23.010 | German | Digitale Trainingsräume Ausreisevorbereitung
11/27/2023 8:30 AM - 11/30/2023 4:00 PM
SQ.AK.DL_23.011 | German | Digitale Trainingsräume Ausreisevorbereitung
For questions concerning seminar content please contact:
Anmeldung & Beratung Ausreisevorbereitung SQ - Uli Wölfle und Anja Knieps+49 228 firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to answer any questions.
The training is conducted digitally.
You will need a digital work space equipped with a camera, microphone and screen that allows you to learn undisturbed.
A good internet connection is required. It is of advantage to have a large monitor or 2 screens and a headset. Please use a current browser (MS Edge, Chrome or Firefox). We recommend to participate in the training with a LAN connection.
QR Code - Link to go
|Scan this QR code if you want to open this web page on your smartphone.|